Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving day....

Hello my beautiful friends! I wanted to do a short blog about my Thanksgiving day and what I did today...

To start off my day I woke up and started to prepare the food that hubby and I were going to feast on for the evening. Our menu of delictables included:- Mac N Cheese, Collard Greens, Mashed Potatoe and Honey baked Ham! And how could I forget dessert....Banana Walnut Cake! Ohhhh, I'm soooo full just thinking about it!

Here is a pic of the food after it was served


To begin it was only us 2 so we didn't want to go all crazy with food since we knew we would have left overs for days. The Mac N Cheese came out delish, even if I do say so myself...considering it was my first attempt at making it from scratch! The hubby baked the ham the night before and made the collard greens today... OMG can I just say the collard greens were sooooooo bomb!!! So yummy!!!!

Here is a pic of my Mac N Cheese fresh out the oven!


Here is another pic of all the food fresh from the stove!



Okay, now on to the fun part of the evening!....

While hubby prepared to dish up the food, I went and got ready. I actually did my hair and make up really really fast which is not normal for me! Although when I do every day make up I usually spend 10 mins and i'm out the door! I decided to put natural curls in my hair with my hair straightner...which worked out perfect! I also decided to go for a festive fall color - Red! I didn't go too dark on eyeshadow or blush, kept it quite neutral on the eyes and cheeks and then decided on a bold Red lip!

Here are a few pics I took this evening of my make up and end result! I hope everyone enjoyed reading this and had a Happy Thanksgiving! I myself am very grateful and thankful for everything I have in my life and couldn't ask for anything more! Hmmm maybe a couple of other things but i'm definitely thankful for what I have now.

Also, just a side note - I used my Nikon D5100 SLR camera to take these pics... I experimented with a few of the settings so I hope you all enjoy! Please post a comment below if you would like me to do a tutorial on how I achieved this look.



Thanks for reading!

2 comments: